View Single Post
Old 10-09-2004, 15:22   #216
DeadKenny
Inactive

Services: PlusNet 2Mbps Premier. BT. Sky Digital. TiVo.
DeadKenny will become famous soon enoughDeadKenny will become famous soon enoughDeadKenny will become famous soon enough
Re: Want ADSL?-Read on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I am certain that you don't have to pay this, & the fact that you have a BT socket in the house supports the fact that it is a reconnection (which is free)
I note that say "Please note that some properties may have a white BT socket installed e.g. new property development, this will classify as a new connection and free reconnection will not apply"

However, it's not a new property (it's over 100 years old), and has the old overhead BT cable connecting the place.

I'll have to try and argue it when they come to install it. They'll probably turn up and realise it's a wasted journey but if I can get them to confirm (in writing perhaps) that it's definitely a pre-existing install then I should be able to get BT to refund the money.

Quote:
Not to mention an upload speed of 256k (which I know you've wanted for a long time. )
Indeed . No more need for 1Mbps just to get 256kbps upload , so that's a saving of £16 with PlusNet (based on their 512/256 service and 'unlimited' use option. It's even cheaper if I go for a capped service).

Though 2Mbps/256kbps for £39 uncapped is also tempting, though I probably don't need uncapped as I doubt I use that much. Cool thing is I can get 2Mbps capped at 2Gb per month for £19.99 and PAYG for the extra, so I can see how it goes and adjust it.
DeadKenny is offline   Reply With Quote