View Single Post
Old 24-11-2021, 11:11   #12
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Getting rid of condensation

A damp house can take an awfully long time to dry out, weeks or even months, depending on many factors. And cooking, bathing and just breathing adds to the humidity in walls, furniture and even stored clothing.

I air the bedrooms every morning, with the central heating switched off during that time. A kitchen window is open when cooking is going on, ditto the bathroom window during, and after bathing.

You have to be wary of dead air, especially behind cupboards, as that is where a lot of damp can stay and mould will grow.

I our last home, condensation always appeared on the windows (coldest surface) so I bought a Scoopy. It's easy to use, just hold the rubber edge to the glass, and then slide it upwards. The condensation runs into the scoop part.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scoopy.jpg (11.2 KB, 10 views)
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote