View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 20:12   #1
horrorwood
cf.member

horrorwood has a spectacular aura about themhorrorwood has a spectacular aura about themhorrorwood has a spectacular aura about themhorrorwood has a spectacular aura about them
Moving house gives a new contract?

Hi,

Thought I'd post here and see if I am going mad. I am in contact with VM via their forum but I am getting nowhere. I thought it would be quite easy as there seems to be a lot of people with this issue.

I moved house, my VM equipment worked fine after moving. It was a last minute rush as I wanted to avoid stamp duty, so I hadn't told them I'd moved until the day I actually moved.

Anyway, despite it working (most likely because I didn't move far) they said I had to have an engineer out and pay £20. Fine, I did that. He came, said "that was easy" and went on his way after checking signal/power levels etc.

Now I appear to have a new contract, with an end date in 2023 instead of in 3 months. I have not changed package.

They also seem to have changed my customer/account number.

If I login to my VM account I can click previous contracts and it actually shows the name of what I assume was someone that lived here previously (not me!) on a previous contract.

I am currently speaking to someone via VM forums and he is telling me it is correct. However the contract I can see says I'll be penalised if I leave before 4th April 2023 and obviously my discount ends January 2022, which would really suck.

My original contract says it ends 29th January 2022.

Anyway, surely moving house should not give you a new customer number/contract if you do not change package?
horrorwood is offline   Reply With Quote