View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 22:45   #23
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star
Re: No Wireless Networks were found in range

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisauk
Does any one know where I could find a key that tells me what the different icons that appear in the Preferred networks panel mean, They keep changing I have seen about 4 different icons so far this is depending on if the wireless network is working, in range or up to its old tricks of messing me around.

Cheers Lisa
Lisa,

Most of the icons should be shown and described on the page I mentioned in post 12 - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com...uy/cg0804.mspx - any you can't find there, either post a screen shot or try to describe.

In the morning (or evening) I would suggest turning on the Cable Modem (or STB) first, then when that is settled turn on the desktop. When this has an internet connection working turn on the Laptop. This will make sure the desktop has a working connection to share before the laptop tries to share it.

HTH
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote