View Single Post
Old 15-06-2018, 23:38   #26
RainmakerRaw
cf.addict

Services: Gig1
RainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Upstream traffic management scrapped

I'd take proper gigabit any day of the week. It's laughable that we pay a relative fortune here for a couple of hundred megs, and my friends and colleagues in Romania pay €9 a month for unmetered symmetrical gigabit FTTP. By the time VM do roll out gigabit (let alone with any kind of decent upstream) it's going to be mainstream and 'meh' already, a bit like being told you qualify for 100Mbps today. Hopefully DOCSIS 3.1 rolling out lets them run away a little bit, rather than miserly stringing out the incremental updates.

In the meantime at least, I can finally say our local nodes are getting to where they should have been all along. I get the advertised speeds almost all the time (sometimes with troughs between 9pm and 11pm), and now the STM and upload caps / NNTP and other protocol throttling has gone, miraculously my VPN speed cap issues that are definitely-nothing-to-do-with-us-Sir have disappeared at exactly the same time. Funny, that.