Thread: US Timeline Stargirl
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 10:33   #33
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Stargirl

I watched s2e1 last night. It really could have done with an extended recap at the outset though - 12 months on I’m struggling to remember exactly who all the secondary characters are.

I enjoyed it a lot. They have managed to give it the look and the pace of a feature film which the other DC shows often don’t quite pull off - Supergirl in particular tries to do episodic stories but allows the season arc to become too intrusive. That said, in pursuit of a feature-length serialised story they have set so many plates spinning in the first episode that it is very hard to sum up exactly what happened and I’m not convinced the episode cliffhanger was in the right place. If you haven’t seen part 1 yet I suspect you will have your enjoyment enhanced by waiting until part 2 drops next week, then have a mini-binge.

Brec Bassinger continues to be endlessly cute but it’s increasingly difficult to believe she’s really a teenager.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote