View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 17:17   #7861
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Like all good armchair experts, you pose questions and insert caveats (‘probably’), demanding evidence and answers from others while all you ever do is promote your speculation. You’ve been at it for years, yet all we ever see are new linear channels popping up and streamers racking up massive debts trying to chase an audience that’s a fraction of the size.

Netflix is presently trumpeting the success of The Umbrella academy, whose first season was viewed in 45 million households - worldwide. The Umbrella Academy is great TV and a big success for Netflix, but even now it’s still niche. Pay-TV, regardless of how it’s delivered, always will be.
Really, what about all those people who pay to watch Sky Sports, for instance, I wouldn't call that niche, I do not know the actual subscription figures but I'd hazard a guess that they must be quite high.

---------- Post added at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Like all good armchair experts, you pose questions and insert caveats (‘probably’), demanding evidence and answers from others while all you ever do is promote your speculation. You’ve been at it for years, yet all we ever see are new linear channels popping up and streamers racking up massive debts trying to chase an audience that’s a fraction of the size.

Netflix is presently trumpeting the success of The Umbrella academy, whose first season was viewed in 45 million households - worldwide. The Umbrella Academy is great TV and a big success for Netflix, but even now it’s still niche. Pay-TV, regardless of how it’s delivered, always will be.
Says the armchair expert....