Thread: BSOD new build
View Single Post
Old 24-07-2020, 10:03   #7
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BSOD new build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
I'd try to eliminate things one by one, and I'd start with GFX drivers myself.

What I personally would do, is remove the GFX drivers, then install the ones that came with the GFX card and see how it goes.

Same with audio/lan drivers if the GFX didn't solve anything . . . in fact reinstall all Mobo drivers from the disc that came with it . . just to hopefully eliminate driver issues from the problem.

Did you install any software on or about the time of the Windows update, giving a possible conflict somewhere?

I used to run Avast antivirus for years, but when I updated to Win 7 ultimate it caused BSOD randomly . . took a while to fathom it out . . no problems since binning Avast . . bloody computers
I'm starting to wonder if whatever caused the BIOS to reset to defaults is responsible for all of this, since the BSODS only started after that. Why would the BIOS revert to default settings on it's own?
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote