Thread: General Channels switched to MPEG4
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 14:50   #137
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Channels switched to MPEG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Aside from the removal of Sky Cinema SD channel, which I put on the Changelog thread as this one isn't appropriate, there was another change I noticed, on Tsid101 (CO56 on DigitalBitRate website).

The BBC1 SD regional channel (the North West version is what is covered by DBR, so it may not affect other BBC1 SD regional versions on equivalent multiplex elsewhere) has switched to MPEG4.

Also, on the same multiplex, there is a New Sans Nom with HD resolution. It appears to be the same channel. So apparently BBC1 North West is going HD.

Given BBC1 has about 17 (vague recollection, it may be a slightly different number) versions and only 4(?) have a HD version because the BBC can't afford to convert them all at once, this won't be happening for them all on VM any time soon.
I see an new copy of that channel has appeared on DBR today.

The BBC North West one (That one appeared on Thursday) may launch in HD as soon as Thursday*.

*Base on past channel launches Virgin can launch an channel an week after testing appearing. No EPG is broadcasting (at time of posting) on the BBC One North West so called HD Channel so it may not even launch.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 05-08-2019 at 15:00.
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote