View Single Post
Old 19-06-2019, 15:45   #1054
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I really don't think Sky deal with Virgin Media is up this summer. I really think Sky did sign an new deal two years when Sky Sports launch two new sports (Sky Sports Football and Sky Sports Action) channels.

I think the deal may be up in 2020 to 2022.

I will carry on thinking this way until I see any new Sky Channels testing on Digital Bit Rate.

DBR says Virgin Media has got four streams free right now due to MPEG4 (And we think it will be up to six as early as next week,)
Though I think that is logical thinking, I think what is happening, or rather not happening, regarding the Sky Cinema channels may indicate something on the horizon, even if it's not for Sky Basics.

What am I on about? Well, it's rather odd that all the Sky Cinema SD channels are all on the same multiplex/frequency and haven't been part of the MPEG4 switching, yet the Sky Sports SD channels, with one exception (and I'm not counting Red Button), are all switched over to MPEG4 and scattered all over the multiplexes. The one Sky Sports SD exception is of course Sky Sports Racing, and it was moved onto the same multiplex/frequency as the SD Cinema channels a month or two ago.

To me this is likely to mean one thing, Sky Cinema is going HD Only on VM and so is Sky Sports Racing, so Virgin Media don't see any point in switching their SD channels to MPEG4 if they are going to be switched off soon.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote