View Single Post
Old 19-06-2019, 14:59   #1051
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
So first you say Sky ain't putting enough money towards content and when they double their resources towards more content you still grumble.

It seems you are still reading the same old book with the same old chapter in it...
I merely said that it was not sufficient.

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Ah the straw man again. Why would Disney keep its content on Sky? I didn’t say that it would. My point, as ever, is that Comcast are well placed to adapt.

Sky has access to Comcast content, what’s to make you think if Sky in the UK are “doubling” investment the same isn’t replicated elsewhere?

I like that Sky have to demonstrate quality and quantity but streamers do not, they obviously automatically do by virtue of their distribution method.
You've only got to compare the content to see that what I have said is true.

What's this constant 'straw man' refrain? I'm glad that you have finally acknowledged that Sky may well have to give up some of its content to the streamers. This could affect whole channels. But doubling the Sky programme budget, while welcome, is unlikely to make up the deficiency.

If Comcast were to do the same, then yes, that would make a big difference. But they have not said that they would, so there's an assumption you have made.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote