View Single Post
Old 14-02-2018, 20:05   #8
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: SHUB3 Puma Bug - TBB BQM Improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
What is this "periodic housekeeping interrupt" that for me keeps occurring about every 80-100mins? It seemed to disappear throughout today but has popped up again. Is it now happening less often?
It is the basic flaw of the Puma 6 and occurs every 20 to 30 seconds. The processor interrupts whatever protocol stuff it is doing in order to clear itself down having got too much to do and too little resource with which to do it.

The Puma 6 CPU is the Intel Atom 4100; a single core processor running at 1.4GHz. You couldn't get a cheaper version of Puma 6. And only single core. Displacement of the ICMP processing to the comms chip slightly improves the Puma 6's real data processing bandwidth but not to any significant extent.

The BQM is, to my mind, a false positive.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote