View Single Post
Old 17-02-2017, 16:33   #3221
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I'm a big fan of this type of thing. Forward buying you a years worth of entertainment. You can also do it with Amazon Instant Video, Netflix and Now TV. If you catch all 4 of them at the right time you can get your annual entertainment covered for around £230.00. Pretty expensive as a 1 of purchase I know but my cogs are turning. At Christmas I always end up with vouchers and cash from family and friends. Seriously would consider binning SKY and opting to put vouchers and cash towards purchasing annual passes / 12 months worth of passes for the 4 services. Just need to get them all onto a Smart TV or streaming device together.
I'm a fan of this too, by waiting for special offers I got 12 months of the entertainment channels on Now TV for £37 and 8 months of the movie channels for £38, as well as 9 Sky Sports day passes for £23 (a combination of 3 free passes with packs of Carling and 6 from a seller on Amazon),
I also had 3 months of subbing to Sky Sports on Now TV for £60 by taking up their special offers to me which was a lot cheaper than getting the channels in HD via VM.
On the subject of sports subs it cost me £20 for a 12 month sub to Eurosport.

I pay an annual sub for Amazon Prime anyway so the video service is a bonus to me although I do use it quite a lot now.
I can't say I've seen any deals for Netflix but haven't really looked as I didn't think they really existed and its cheap enough anyway.

All told I think its something like £330 I've paid out for online subs including the £70 a year I pay Netflix which may sound expensive but is less than 5 months TV subs I was paying to VM to get the channels I wanted and that didn't include Netflix or Amazon anyway, when I cancelled my TV with them and just kept 200 meg BB and basic phone my bill went down by over £70 a month!

Technically speaking there is a device that would play all these services and more, that being a Windows PC which can be picked up pretty cheaply if you look around, although I prefer separate devices to get the best out of every service I pay for.