View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 12:31   #12
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Riot police in stand off as illegal Catalonia independence vote begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
They can't ignore it though as the President promised that if the vote was for independence he would would declare it 48 hrs after the result.

Igni is correct, the Spanish Government have handled it very badly.This heavy handedness may be the straw that breaks the camel's back and leads to a unilateral declaration of independence anyway.

I can see more trouble and unrest ahead.
But if it were deemed illegal it wouldn't matter what the President declared would it.

From what I've heard both sides of this have very different views as to legality of the vote and anything which follows from it so it'll be up to higher powers to decide those things I'd have thought, regardless of the outcome.

There's clearly going to be huge resentment as a result of this unwarranted action from Madrid and frankly I can see it escalating quickly if lives are lost.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote