View Single Post
Old 17-02-2004, 11:13   #1
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Monitoring bandwidth behind a router

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherN00b
1) Yes it does - the link to http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bandwidthadvice/ contained in the letter gives some advice.

2) This could be provided on request.
This is really interesting I have been asking to be able to do this for over a year. Had a run in on the phone the only time I can really say that the person on the other end was disrespectful to me.. I have been asking so now please can I have the access to monitor the SACM as requested in NTLs own link above.

Quote:
Traffic Accounting

One of the first steps needed to control your bandwidth usage is to monitor the total amount of traffic passing through your cablemodem.

Please note that ntl: do not endorse any of the following products, links are provided as a starting point only. You should also ensure that you are monitoring the total traffic on the interface connected to your cablemodem rather than on individual machines in your household. This is particularly important if you are running a home LAN.
I would if NTL didn't have the ip blocked so I can't set up MRTG!!!!!!

Come on you tell us to do it in one hand and stop us with the other..

Decision time NTL can we or can't we monitor our own usage of the service......

I was on about this on old .com and stil trying now... no more excuses either we can or we can't if C&W areas can't be allowed to monitor their traffic then remove the CAP!!!!
Florence is offline   Reply With Quote