Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 15-06-2021, 09:04   #5868
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
There’s very little granular data and depends what your definition of “younger” is, but if you want to score a point as OB posted his as an absolute statement, I would doubt him to be correct.

That said, it’s irrelevant as the numbers are so low. Even now in the North West, where the vast majority of those being infected are “younger”, those being hospitalised are still the over 85’s, not the young.

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

With an option to do it sooner if the data allows.

If we get to July 7th and hospitalisations remain under the threshold ( which they are now, well under the SAGE prediction level for opening up) hen they should open up on the 8th along with an apology.
Yeah, it's annoying not having more granular information. I can find more granular data for;

Cases
Deaths
And vaccinations
-------------------------------------------------
Wait, found it!!

Summary
Underlying data (see the second tab 'Time series')

It looks like the hospitalisation rate per 100,000 is still the highest in the 85+ cohort but it has dropped like a stone which is great. It's not clear if the admissions are for COVID or if COVID was found on admission. I see that the death rate in ages 75-85+ from COVID is now lower than the 45-74 cohorts.