Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 14:02   #641
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
AIUI if you pay for UHD you get also get Netflix in UHD too at no extra cost.

The cost of Netflix via Sky seems to vary, it was £2 last time I looked on Black Friday. It does always appear to be cheaper than subscribing via Netflix directly.

Given that Disney+ talks appear to have stalled with VM over them wanting a bigger cut from Disney, I wonder how Sky can offer their customers Netflix at a lower cost than Netflix themselves. Maybe it's a similar set up as VM have with BT Sport??

Rather than burying their heads in the sand, Sky seem to be embracing the streamers by obtaining good deals for their customers and viewing them as another income stream.

By having them discounted or free on the Sky STB I imagine that their thinking is that customers are less likely to subscribe to a streamer directly and be tempted to cancel Sky. Probably a more sensible approach as the streamers aren't simply going to go away.
I pay £4p/m for Netflix uhd with work arounds
In the office we suspect Discovery will be next to start leaving pay tv platforms and being exclusive to Discovery+ won't happen for awhile as contracts still have quite a bit to run yet.
UKTV are another one to watch been talks about their pay channels being added to UKTVPlay for a small monthly fee.