Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 24-05-2021, 18:19   #536
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, I do record a lot because on demand bookmarks are unreliable, with programmes being pulled after a week, 4 weeks or a few months.

I grant you, there has been a lot less worth recording lately - most of the good stuff can now be found on the streamers - but until all content can be seen later in this way, I still need to record stuff.

As far as the latter paragraph is concerned, that has happened only rarely until recently. When Universal closed down last year, I made a point of watching all recordings from that channel before they were pulled. I will be doing the same for Fox content that has been recorded.

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

As I said, the vast majority of what I watch on the streamers is the original content, so that disadvantage does not apply. Now (TV) of course, is an exception.

I'm not dogmatic about streaming. I record, bookmark or otherwise access content where it is to be found. Increasingly over time, this tends to be by way of the streamers.

---------- Post added at 16:52 ---------- Previous post was at 16:47 ----------

Well, that is within your own control. If you want to retain recordings from a particular channel, then keep subscribing to it.

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

3 years is reasonable, IMHO.
No it's not i pay £9.99 on a buy and keep option, i might aswell pay the same on a blu ray disk.