Old 08-05-2021, 00:38   #614
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: Sir Keir’s Kerfuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
You said "I don't know what the answer is but I know what it isn't and that is letting this country drift in to a one party state". Answer to what? Labour losing seats. Drifting implies a change, a change from Labour winning seats to Labour losing them. So from your own post, you are unhappy with Labour losing seats, and want an answer to that "problem". For the "problem" to go away would mean Labour winning seats. Asking "I don't know how Labour think they are going to stop losing seats", might be considered not to be taking sides.

If you consider that your local council is lazy and complacent, then shouldn't you be welcoming Labour losing council seats, although it won't make any difference.
Wakefield Express

If I've got things right, then before the vote, Labour already had a majority with 33 seats. They couldn't be voted out.
Well that's assumption for you . The 'I don't know what the answer is' comment was referring to the thread's (new) title. I don't know what the answer is to stop the issues Labour are having but I do know carry on as they are doing isn't. I'm really not that bothered either way who wins or loses because with the political mediocrity we have I've not felt in my adult lifetime that there's been a government that has completely represented my views.

I don't necessarily think our local council is lazy or complacent - that's just you telling me what I think again. At the moment we have a system where central government can and does step in when a local authority is deemed to be failing. Would they do it to a local council controlled by the same party as the government? Maybe we'll find out the way we're going.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote