Old 07-05-2021, 23:36   #612
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: Sir Keir’s Kerfuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
You complain about Wakefield East usually being "one of those council wards where you usually wonder why the other parties even bother" and now changing, but then complain about a possible "one-party state. So for you, a "one-party state" is perfectly ok, as long as it's a party you support. You were happy with your local council constantly being ruled by a particular party, and are now unhappy at any suggestion that may no longer be the case.
You couldn't be further from the mark . I don't recall saying if I approved of the Labour monopoly or not in our ward , as is the case in many local council wards the individual councillors are pretty ineffective and I can't see that changing with the new mix of political parties 'representing' the area. I certainly didn't say I was happy with my local council constantly being ruled by one party. One party constantly being in control in my opinion will only lead to laziness and complacency and on a national level would be nothing but bad .

I will say however, that I DO TAKE EXCEPTION with being told what does and doesn't make me happy and what I do and don't like ,
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote