View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 22:54   #610
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Sir Keir’s Kerfuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Well if the Hartlepool result wasn't a bad enough result for Labour, it appears I've now got a new Conservative councillor.

Wakefield East is one of those council wards where you usually wonder why the other parties even bother, well yesterday things changed. At the last election in 2019 it was a poor showing for Labour winning with only 56.9% of the votes when normally it's well over 60%. Yesterday the Labour candidate managed only 44.5% losing by 48 votes. The remaining 2 Labour councillors in the ward are probably worrying what the future holds for them.

I don't know what the answer is but I know what it isn't and that is letting this country drift in to a one party state (extreme words - but you know what I mean!). Keir comes across as a nice honest chap with good intentions, which is a plus, but his get up and go seems to have got up and gone and he's just got nothing about him. As competence doesn't seem to be a prerequisite for the top job any more, Labour need to find someone who appeals to the masses and makes them laugh and is brazen enough to not feel they're suffering from imposter syndrome.
You complain about Wakefield East usually being "one of those council wards where you usually wonder why the other parties even bother" and now changing, but then complain about a possible "one-party state. So for you, a "one-party state" is perfectly ok, as long as it's a party you support. You were happy with your local council constantly being ruled by a particular party, and are now unhappy at any suggestion that may no longer be the case.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote