View Single Post
Old 20-04-2021, 20:59   #138
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I have never claimed that the trend will reduce to zero. What I have claimed is that there will be a point reached when the broadcast channels will consider that it is no longer worth the effort to continue to broadcast by this method.
Which is so close to zero it may be zero.

Quote:
As for the scheduler issue, what you say about scheduling may be true of tinpot channels such as ‘Talking Pictures’, for example, which I hear is run from a garden shed! But the bigger, popular channels are a different proposition.
Can you explain to me how the act of scheduling is proportionately more expensive for larger channels than smaller channels? A huge media conglomerate could do it for buttons across swathes of channels across numerous countries.

Quote:
I-Phones? I’m not sure what they have to do with the price of eggs.
As Hugh says I’m questioning your ability to read trends and make accurate assumptions off the back of them.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote