View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 20:43   #2586
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I agree they may offer separate tiers --- was thinking the same myself. But £20 is too high in my view. The pricing needs to be significantly less than the basic satellite subscription, especially as there is no recording functionality

The other thing is most cord cutters don't want is dross channels. The channels you mention are the types of channels most cord cutters want. I think an extra £3-4 is about right for those extra channels.
Agree with you there mate. SKY themselves are now selling a 6 month NOW TV pass for £24.99. That's only £4.16 per month. Whilst NOW TV is advertised as 13 channels you actually get SKY Sports News to when you apply either an entertainment pass or sports pass. That works out at 30p per channel per month.

Then you've got TV Player plus offering 25 channels for £4.99 per month. That works out at 20p per channel. So between NOW TV and TV Player the going rate for a streaming channel is 25p per month. If I could pick and choose the channels to stream, the popular ones in our house, my subscription would only cost me about £4.00 per month!

Okay so my new dream PVR would include Freeview as standard, all the free catch up TV apps (iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, My 5, UKTV) NOW TV, TV Player, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Youtube and the Boxnation app.