View Single Post
Old 16-03-2019, 15:44   #450
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Sounds like reasonable speculation to me, though it's been speculated that True Crime is simply a placeholder channel on Sky following the closure of truTV. Having said that, (contracts aside), you'd think that if this was the case that it would have been removed from VM too. If True Crime +1 does start on VM, then this blows this theory out of the water (unless Sony intend to launch a new service).

Last nights Gogglebox recorded correctly on my box, but Recording Hiccups said that it hadn't! Further investigation reveals that this relates to a duplicate of the programme on channel 711

Channel 711 doesn't exist and is in the children's genre anyway. Does anyone know anything about this anomaly? All I can think of is that's something to do with the Channel 4 HD move for London viewers.
Well 711 was one of the recently moved BBC HD children's channels. The removal of those two channels leave a gap of 4 channel numbers.

Why mention this? Well, massively wild guess, POP, Tiny POP and their +1 versions, if added, make 4, so maybe POP and Tiny POP are about to be moved up the EPG and with their +1s fill in 708, 709, 710 and 711.

Obviously this doesn't explain your recording Richard, but it might explain reference to a no longer used channel number.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote