View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 13:27   #4995
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
My memory rather tells me something different..
You need to go back to the posts rather than rely on your memory, Den!

---------- Post added at 13:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
The same principle applies to all forms of content though. Do I really want the back catalogue of different Hollywood studios scattered across four or five providers? Or worse, new releases on some platforms and the back catalogues on others?

What if Discovery owned documentaries, National Geographic documentaries and the BBC back catalogue all ended up separated?

It seems odd you are focused on dramas and documentaries when you consider the present pay tv bundles to be inadequate. There’s literally thousands of hours broadcast and on demand available. From as little as £7 a month on Now TV.
Now TV is a streaming service, I should point out.

As I said before, if content is broken up between the streaming services, you don't have to subscribe to them all at once because you won't be tied into annual, 18 months or two yearly contracts. That gives you the flexibility to jump about and take advantage of the various deals that are going.

I do watch factual stuff other than dramas of course. I find that rather too much of the factual stuff gets repeated ad nauseum and some is pretty lightweight stuff. If it's not intellectually stimulating, I tend to find it rather boring. We deserve better.