View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 13:19   #439
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I’m stunned that with nothing worth watching on linear television you require a 2 full V6 boxes and streaming just to consume all the television you desire on the Virgin Media platform.
And when I look at my list, most of these are films and programmes I have recorded from BBC1,2 and Channel 4. There is less and less from the pay-tv channels, and that is my point.

I believe that the reason for this is that there are fewer new programmes available to Sky as these are now being earmarked for the streaming services. The terrestrials are bucking that trend only because they are using their own studios to make more dramas, and these are of a better quality than previous years.

My issue is that we are paying a lot of money for pay tv channels which are inferior to the terrestrials and producing less and less good quality content. However, you have to pay for them to watch the minority of stuff you actually want to view.

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
As you say, some programmes are time limited, plus I like to use Quickview which isn't available with streaming. I've recently got Now TV to watch Westworld and it's now really odd to watch something at normal speed!

Also, I've found that subtitles aren't available on non BBC shows.
Yes, good points, thanks.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote