View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 11:39   #4977
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
He knows it’s rubbish yet buys a magazine to tell him this. More fool him.

For the rest of us in the real world, by literally any measure going, the most watched content is available on Sky/Virgin/BT. As has been pointed out by others when you sign into Netflix there’s a huge range of repeat content that has been shown on other channels previously.
Well, clearly, they show such content because some people like that. But there's plenty of other stuff to choose from which is new and exclusive to Netflix. It's the good new stuff that we seem to be lacking on the standard channels these days.

---------- Post added at 11:12 ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
The long contracts are there to cover the (substantial) cost of the installation and the equipment, not the content. You can vary your content every month if you want to, but you still need the equipment to watch it on.
I understand that and I am not criticising Virgin or Sky for tying people into contracts, that's perfectly understandable given the cost of the equipment. I was really pointing out the advantage to the consumer in subscribing to the streaming services only. That does provide some flexibility to subscribe to services for periods that are sensible for you, enabling people to see content on different services with only one subscription at any one time.

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
I don't doubt there are marvellous programmes on Netflix and Amazon . . . if only you can find it amongst the vast amount of foreign material with subtitles and some with dubious acting skills. There is just too much for an ordinary person who just wishes to relax to wade through. How much better to sit down and enjoy the recordings that you have previously requested on the V6.
Really? Were you looking in the 'foreign' section?

How is it easier to scroll through the EPG to find programmes to record than set up your watch list?

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
What a completely condescending post , I watch quality while the rest of you minions watch junk.
My post didn't mention junk. But I do watch quality!