View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 15:00   #4972
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I don’t believe you do. Perhaps your watch list on Netflix wouldn’t be so large if you more effectively utilised your time.
Well, I can assure you that I do. I scrutinise my TV and Satellite Week every week, but I do set the bar reasonably high compared with some people. Even my wife doesn't watch the soaps these days and we tend only to draw programmes from the HD channels.

There are plenty of programmes to choose from, but when you look at the actual content, it leaves much to be desired. On Netflix and Amazon, I have selected many different programmes that look pretty good to me, and I am choosy about what I watch.

If you like watching stuff over and over, or if you like the kind of weak drama series associated with a bygone age like Poirot, Murder, She Wrote, Heartbeat and Agatha Christie, then I see why you would be content with that. However, it beats me why such individuals say they can't find anything on Netflix. The streaming services seem to have a huge range of dramas which cover all tastes, including those who go for mediocrity.

I do agree that if sport is your staple diet, traditional linear TV would be the best option for you currently.