View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 14:13   #6
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Christmas (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
It's here isn't it.

I can tell because the wife has cleared a big space in a corner of the lounge ready for the tree. That bit's always bags of fun . . "move it left a touch . . I said left . . no not that far, you've covered mums photo, back a bit . . why is the top bit leaning over?" . . and then there's all the bells, baubles, lights and tinsel to go on it, that's usually 3 hours before it looks perfect from 25ft. Not that it stays perfect of course, not with 2 cats that find the shiny glittery things interesting and a Shi-Tzu that is too stupid to differentiate between 'bauble' and 'ball'

Two days ago she came home from a quick (2 hour) trip to the shops, handed me 2 packs of small rubber sucker things with clips on . . my enquiring look got the answer "to stick round the window frames so you can hang the spare lights on them". Spare lights, that's another thing. I remember the good old days when we only had one set . . now we have 4, thankfully not of the 'bulb' type that had you scrambling for the spares every year.
This morning I dragged all the boxes and bags down from the loft so in a few hours time this place will look like Santas grotto, battery powered singing and dancing snowmen, reindeer, elves and robins, all being placed onto any available surface, I just hope the wifi signal stays strong.

Yesterday she spent a few hours sitting at the kitchen table surrounded by christmas cards and doing an impersonation of a best selling authour at a book signing . . "this ones for Brian and Helen . . next is to Carl, Babs and family . . to Mavis and the dogs, merry crimbo *woof woof*" . . who are all these people? Is she doing the whole of Facebook?. . ah well, she's happy enough I guess.

It's not that I don't like Christmas, but next week she'll also be asking (nagging) me why I'm not wearing the 'christmas pudding' jumper and the cute slippers with fluffy reindeer heads on the front.

Oh bugger, just remembered the inlaws are coming for dinner this year too . . .
Sounds like me and John. I've just spent 3 hours writing cards. The decorating starts tomorrow if I can catch him before he jumps ship. Funny how as soon as I mention getting all the stuff from the garage he suddenly needs to go out to see about ........... enter any excuse you want, I've heard them all over the years. Even to him spending the day in A & E with a very convenient broken leg. Gosh the length you men will go to.