Thread: 4K UHD on Virgin Media
View Single Post
Old 22-09-2020, 04:19   #1337
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

They say UHD in the search menu - but when you actually go to play them the icon has changed to HD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty993 View Post
I have noticed that a lot of films available on Sky Cinema now flag as UHD in search results but only show as HD on the info page for that specific film.

To my eyes, films such as Joker certainly appear to be higher resolution than the usual poor Sky Cinema quality. However, all on demand content, including SD/HD from other providers like ITV, makes my V6 send a 2160p signal to my TV so I cannot be certain that those films are indeed UHD.

A few I've noticed to be UHD: Godfather Parts 1 & 2, Blade Runner Final Cut, Godzilla King of Monsters, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Joker, Captain Phillips, Inglorious Basterds and also the Sky One shows Brassic and Avenue 5.

Hopefully someone else can verify those are UHD as I suspect.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote