Thread: 4K UHD on Virgin Media
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 20:37   #1239
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Nobody said anything about a UHD channel. UHD is red button on Sky..
Red Button UHD was available on Sky when the VM/Sky deal was announced. The wording of the VM/Sky deal, to my recollection and interpretation, was that new UHD that Sky was still to launch themselves was part of the VM deal. Which suggested to me that linear UHD channels were on the way. I assumed this would be one 4K Cinema channel and one 4K Sports channel, and an outside chance of a 4K Entertainment channel. Though I really didn't expect the latter.

The wording of the announcement (as I remember it) implied was that it was something that wasn't currently available via their own satellite service at the time of the Press Release.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote