View Single Post
Old 15-03-2020, 17:00   #2642
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: [Updated] The UK’s future relationship with the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Putting politics to one side, do people think it's sensible to leave completely at the end of the transition period in the event of no deal being agreed?

My concern is that the effects of the Coronavirus itself will affect the negotiation process and that it is said that it will produce an economic crisis as bad as the 9/11 situation.

Many argue that Brexit won't cause this economic problems to happen, but should we risk the economic effects of leaving with no deal on top of this crisis, or would it be prudent to extend the transitional period for a time?

I know that Johnson has pinned his popularity on leaving if no deal is reached and introduced legislation to prevent an extension, but I think that most people would accept that dealing with this pandemic must take precedence.
For what my opinion is worth, the EU showed very clearly how it likes to conduct negotiations at the time of the Withdrawal Agreement.

However, in the first instance they were able to play on the weakness of a shoddy prime minister.

The current PM shows no such weakness and the evidence last year was that they were prepared to make minor movement. It was minor because all they really allowed was for Stormont to be able to close down the customs arrangements.

The question is: Can we glean any possibility that the EU will be realistic, less arrogant and come to the bones of a deal before June.

The pandemic is irrelevant to the outcome and the Guvmin should keep up the pressure on the EU via the ministers not concerned with Coronavirus.

My advice is at your risk.