View Single Post
Old 15-12-2019, 17:49   #1947
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Such as?

So you’re stating we will keep the deal we have if no deal is agreed? That statement is not congruent with actuality- if we don’t have a deal by the end of 2020, we revert to WTO terms.

Trump said "Congratulations to Boris Johnson on his great WIN! This deal has the potential to be far bigger and more lucrative than any deal that could be made with the EU. Celebrate Boris!” He didn’t say who it would be lucrative for - we would be negotiating with a country who, quite rightly, would be working in its own interest, not ours, and has an economy five times our size.

I never mentioned chlorinated chicken, but nice try for introducing irrelevant comments...
When we get out of the EU next month, we will be looking at forging trade deals with China, the US and India. None of these countries have a deal with the EU, if I remember correctly. We are also looking at exploring opportunities on the continent of Africa as well as other countries with markets we can exploit. The Asian Pacific trade bloc is also high on the list.

Your dismissal of the US as a potential trading partner is quite extraordinary, so pardon me if you really didn't intend to give me the standard 'chlorinated chicken' retort that is so beloved of Mr K. I don't suppose it has occurred to you that we can specify standards for raising birds if they are to be exported to the UK, just as we can for the purchase of clothes from India. If we apply those same standards uniformly, the US will not suffer a disadvantage and the chickens would benefit.

You keep obsessing with the relative size of our country compared with those we are trading with, ignoring two important facts.

1. Those countries want to export to us.

2. We are not going to accept anything other than trade deals that are acceptable to the UK.

Fortunately, we are now in the hands of a healthy Conservative Government that actually knows what it's doing in this area.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 15-12-2019 at 17:54.