View Single Post
Old 14-12-2019, 23:26   #1944
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What you are missing is the increased trade we can get from the rest of the world (which, incidentally, is rather bigger than the EU!)
Such as?

Quote:
But the thing you are missing is that trade with the EU will continue. Whether or not we get a trade deal, this will continue to be the case.
So you’re stating we will keep the deal we have if no deal is agreed? That statement is not congruent with actuality- if we don’t have a deal by the end of 2020, we revert to WTO terms.

Quote:
I think you are severely misunderstanding how much additional trade awaits us outside the confines of the EU. The noises from President Trump alone are very encouraging.
Trump said "Congratulations to Boris Johnson on his great WIN! This deal has the potential to be far bigger and more lucrative than any deal that could be made with the EU. Celebrate Boris!” He didn’t say who it would be lucrative for - we would be negotiating with a country who, quite rightly, would be working in its own interest, not ours, and has an economy five times our size.

Quote:
And incidentally, if you have such an issue with chlorinated chicken, you don't have to buy it. There is no compulsion here, it is a choice.
I never mentioned chlorinated chicken, but nice try for introducing irrelevant comments...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.