View Single Post
Old 14-12-2019, 20:41   #1942
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
But I were a retailer, losing access to 44% of my customers will have a much greater effect on me than the larger retailer next to me losing access to 8% of their customer base, surely.

Whilst the monetary amounts may be similar, the impact on the smaller retailer will be greater - or am I missing something?

Recent trading figures here - https://researchbriefings.parliament...mmary/CBP-7851
What you are missing is the increased trade we can get from the rest of the world (which, incidentally, is rather bigger than the EU!)

But the thing you are missing is that trade with the EU will continue. Whether or not we get a trade deal, this will continue to be the case.

I think you are severely misunderstanding how much additional trade awaits us outside the confines of the EU. The noises from President Trump alone are very encouraging.

And incidentally, if you have such an issue with chlorinated chicken, you don't have to buy it. There is no compulsion here, it is a choice.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 14-12-2019 at 20:44.