View Single Post
Old 14-12-2019, 13:06   #1938
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
44% of our exports go to the EU. However the UK only represents 8% of EU exports. That's why they have the upper hand in any negotiations.

'No Deal' is more if a threat for the EU to use against us than the other way round. However it would damage both which is why it won't happen.
Yes, well, expressing that in percentage terms is very clever, but it doesn't explain the position in a way that shows the reliance the EU has on trade with the UK.

A better way of looking at it is to quote the obvious figures. I don't have the up to date statistics to hand but in 2017, the EU exported £67bn more to us in goods and services than we did to them. Now that is why the EU will benefit from a deal, so it is not all one way against us as you and your fellow pushy remainers like to portray.

I think we all recognise Project Fear when we see it.

---------- Post added at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Ireland has been playing the EU’s strategy of obstructionism in the hope of something changing in British politics to either stop Brexit or soften it to Norway+ or similar.

I think we will see things move surprisingly fast now.
To be honest, I was surprised that Ireland pushed back as hard as they did. They were actually pushing towards a 'no deal', so it was rather reckless of them, to be honest.