Thread: Smart meters
View Single Post
Old 14-01-2019, 14:59   #23
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Smart meters

This is the one fitted here. It's badged as Aclara but is actually made by GE. (Labelled SGC1311)

I have yet to find the instructions on how to access the extra measurement features on the main display. (Such as VA, VAR and Power factor) According to the data sheet these are registered internally. There are two buttons (A and B) on the front but only A seems to rotate between several screens. I guess there's some secret button combination and timing to unlock the additional displays.

My own energy monitor reports these to the PC via a Modbus link (RS485). In addition line voltage, line frequency and load current. Updated 10 times a second.

The only advantage the smart meter really offers me is no estimated bills.