Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 28-03-2019, 10:07   #720
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Brexit (New).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
What is a hard Brexiteer?

I am sick of these unjustly qualifying terms being used. There is no such thing. You want to Remain, you are not a hard Remainer. A person who wants to leave is not a hard leaver.
Here you go. A Hard Brexiter is one who supports a Hard Brexit - FullFact definition:

What is hard Brexit?

---------- Post added at 10:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I’m not here to defend Mogg or anyone in particular. As it happens I think Mogg is being a little revisionist of his own position. I’m just trying to ensure the discussion is a little closer to the totality of what people have said, rather than obsessing over selective one-liners that validate our existing viewpoints.

Acquis communautaire isn’t just fancy French for the sake of it. It is one of the key principles of the European Union and its existence is the reason for one of the main principled objections to UK membership. The Acquis is the body of EU law, but it is also the principle that once an area of national competence has become part of the body of EU law, it remains there permanently, and EU membership mandates full compliance with it.

As a third party, the UK can form treaties with the EU (or any other state, or supra-national institution) that allow cooperation on issues where it is in the mutual interest of the UK and whoever else. That means we may operate in line with the Acquis in some things, but crucially because we are not members of the EU we are not bound by all of it.
Dude, I know what the words mean. It is just no one in the country is using them ...