Thread: US Timeline Star Trek: Discovery
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 17:12   #329
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I have to admit, while I like most of the characters in Discovery season 1, season 1 didn't feel much like Star Trek to me. They changed too much, particularly the Spore drive and the bald Klingons. The Spore drive would have been believable if, rather than pointing out how much faster it is than Warp, they explained why, in the existing series (TOS, TNG, DS9 and Voyager anyway), Starfleet would go back to the apparently inferior Warp technology.

it also lost the sense of fun that all the previous Star Trek series had.

Season 2 has bought the fun back, and at least attempted to explain why the spore drive isn't used in other series.

I am thankful, however, for Series 1 being the way it was. I enjoyed it, but had it had more of a sense of fun, I might not have looked at Seth McFarlane's series "The Orville", which I am thoroughly enjoying.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Orville.jpg (66.1 KB, 87 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote