Thread: US Timeline Star Trek: Discovery
View Single Post
Old 26-02-2019, 09:37   #322
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

yeah, key things like the prime directive which we are all too familiar with and is establish lore are the kind of things which absolutely kill my realism factor. The same thing happened when they went down to that churchy planet a couple of weeks in search of the red angel. I am letting it go because of how early the series is set and the Federation are still finding their feet. It is missions like this which Starfleet will reflect on, decide whether it was the right of wrong thing to do and then come up with the rules and prime directive in the future.

Last weeks episode was my favourite so far this season. When I saw the short for it I was banging my head against the wall when Georgiou said to Saru "you can come with me but if you do we can never come back to this planet" and I was like "well you obviously will do". I am happy for the reason and justification for it. They went because of the red angel and even then they still tried to stick to the rules and avoid any interaction and changing the culture and it is Saru's medical condition which did that. I actually like the character he is turning in to. In season 1 he was a wet nelly and I thought it was a joke he was acting captain and Burnham as a crewman had to keep telling him what to do. Pike is my favourite character atm. I love how he has had the training and knows the rules but he leads less by rules and directives and more cowboyish and what he thinks is the best thing to do. It is like the best of both worlds.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote