View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 00:53   #12
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Phone line with out internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Virgins POTS infrastructure is getting to the point where it is no longer maintainable. Its old technology now.
BT switched most of its exchanges to Digital between 1985 and 1995, with most of the larger exchanges using System X or System Y.
I was invloved in many change-overs in the Nottingham & Derby areas. It is old (up to 30 years) but still perfectly maintainable for a few more years.

As far as Im aware, the Nottingham VM exchanges are similar technology (Installed by Diamond/NTL). Like BT, they probably used the same technology in other areas.

I believe BT plans to shut down most of their old digigtal exchanges and switch to VIOP systems over the next 6 to 7 years.
I expect VM to do the same, possibly quicker, since they have far less exchanges.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote