View Single Post
Old 24-07-2018, 16:08   #1603
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
But will it now? The space allocated for UHD services has now been removed; I think they might have had to use this space for the extra channels launched to replace the UKTV channels. Apparently, to enable facilitation of access to recordings made prior to their removal, the UKTV channels are currently taking up the same capacity as they were when they were on the customer facing EPG.

Having said that, it appears that VM Ireland customers have today lost access to their UKTV recordings, despite also being given a three month grace period like us.

This, coupled with the loss of Quest HD and further Premier Sports problems, means it hasn't been a good week for VM TV.

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

I think they were just stringing you a line to try to retain your custom. UKTV have today made it clear on twitter that further negotiations are not currently taking place.
I wouldn't take much notice of that. Presumably, the UHD space has been utilised to deal with these transitional arrangements. They could bring it back just as easily as they have 'lost' it.