View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 12:43   #6045
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblonsky View Post
In your opinion. Don't let all the TV interviews and requests for comment go to your head.
You think personal attacks and insults are going to make people more aligned with your position?

Quote:
Do you think the Home Office advice was drawn up by a dimwitted low-grade civil servant? In fact it was drawn up by a legal team who just didn't understand enough about the way HTTP was used today.
I don't need to think, the Home Office have stated categorically that their statement is neither a legal analysis -nor- a technical analysis and have reiterated they are not in a position to even make such a legal analysis if they wanted to.

Quote:
Irrelevant.
How is it irrelevant? You claimed that because the communications are over a public network they don't fall under RIPA whereas in fact RIPA places more restrictions on public networks than it does on private, go and read it and see for yourself.

Quote:
You're rapidly losing credibility here.
More personal attacks?

Quote:
You don't have to agree. But if you stick to the clear facts of the case you will have a greater chance of gaining support and credibility with your arguments.
I am sticking to the facts, I am correctly referencing the relevant laws on the issue and as such have a great deal of support and credibility. I have actually read all the laws as well, which appears to be something you haven't done.

Quote:
The fact is you will find a lot of lawyers who agree with the implied consent argument for published works. So why bother even discussing it when you have a rock-solid example of how RIPA is breached with private messaging and email services.
Really? You mean according to you surely? I have found very few lawyers who are agreeing with the implied consent argument and I suspect the reason for that is because the law clearly states informed consent.

Still, thanks for the chat, I need some sleep now though so I won't be able to respond to your inevitable reply until this evening. Have a pleasant day.

Alexander Hanff

---------- Post added at 12:43 ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBear View Post
Just popping in to post this little quickie.

Chaps, one of the Mods over at the Moneysavers site has decided to merge the thread we were posting on with an old one. here's the link: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....html?t=903715

btw. Alexander, you write the most super letters, mate (and so quickly, too); so much better than I could... so.... I was thinking... maybe someone with your detailed knowledge of this whole shebang could pop a letter off to 'consumer's champion' Martin Lewis at the Moneysavers site. (Okay, I'll admit it, my last effort was ignored.)

My wife gets his weekly email newsletter and according to his site this email goes to 2,064,774 people. Just imagine that many people, or more likely a very small percentage of that number, getting involved in this. He could also be the man to get this on mainstream TV.

Worth a try?

While I'm here, another 'consumer champion' to get onto this could be Marc Gander of the Consumer Action Group (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/). Marc has done an immense amount of work helping the 'little guy' beat the banks, and in fighting the big companies.

Also worth a try?

OB
I am a member at CAG so I will talk to some people there next week once I have this huge workload out of the way. Not sure if Martin would be interested (MSE) to be honest but I will certainly give him a try next week also.

Alexander Hanff