View Single Post
Old 16-10-2020, 20:35   #3475
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
So where is the economic argument, then? You can ridicule me all you like, but you have no answers.

Start with the ending of the British subsidy to Scotland. How the hell do you work out that this is not a problem if Scotland wants to stand on its own two feet?

More borrowing seems to be your answer to everything, in which case why doesn’t Scotland borrow more now and stop sponging off England?
I've said before - the figures presented to you in GERS don't constitute what the economy of an independent Scotland would look like. Nor the expenditure choices an independent Scotland would make.

As for the bit in bold you clearly do not understand the devolution settlement, although I'm unsurprised by this revelation as you're clearly in this thread not to offer nothing substantive but simply provoke others. Scotland doesn't have the powers to borrow!

If you are so bothered about your perception of Scotland 'sponging' why are you not simply indifferent about whether Scotland goes independent or not?
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote