View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 17:45   #1708
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
What you could do of course is record TV programmes to watch when you want. Then you aren't at risk of buffering/network issues. Better PQ too. Sneaky eh?
As you know, I do in fact record all the programmes that are not available for long on VOD, but that’s what we have to put up with in the interim.

It simply won’t work that way in the future. The advertisers would rather you didn’t fast forward through the adverts, of course!

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Funny how the Culture Minister is set on becomes "mooting an idea" within a mere few lines.
Argue about it until the cows come home if you like, but that’s what the government is intent on doing, if they are still in power then. I’m not sure where Labour stand on the issue, but I think they will have to wait longer than that before they get re-elected, frankly.