View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 16:34   #1705
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
A lot of people contributing to this thread just don’t get it. Most people I speak to tell me that their kids don’t watch the scheduled channels, and most friends my age watch more VOD than those channels.

We see it with our eyes, we hear it with our ears, but some still do not get it. I don’t know if they ever will until these channels close down, as inevitably they will.

The content will be there, the channel owners will be there, but all their stuff will be VOD. No-one in the future is going to want their lives dictated by scheduled television.
What you could do of course is record TV programmes to watch when you want. Then you aren't at risk of buffering/network issues. Better PQ too. Sneaky eh?