View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 16:08   #1703
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpymoo View Post
Considering BBC3 is aimed at a younger audience, younger audiences do not think "ooh, must be sat infront of the TV at 8pm"... That change has already happened. They do not even "record", they just catch it on iPlayer.

Why bring it back as a linear channel?

Some of the younger generation do not even know that TV comes through an aerial, they think it comes from wifi.

I would suggest it is more to justify the TV licence to the younger generation...

"Oh look, we bought this back... aren't we great"
A lot of people contributing to this thread just don’t get it. Most people I speak to tell me that their kids don’t watch the scheduled channels, and most friends my age watch more VOD than those channels.

We see it with our eyes, we hear it with our ears, but some still do not get it. I don’t know if they ever will until these channels close down, as inevitably they will.

The content will be there, the channel owners will be there, but all their stuff will be VOD. No-one in the future is going to want their lives dictated by scheduled television.