View Single Post
Old 27-02-2021, 17:22   #1
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Vodaphone gaming lag and VPN blocking.

Within the next 6 months Vodaphone/City Fibre will be offering their Gigafast FTTP service in my part of Coventry - a nice symmetrical 900Mb. Having spoken to a games freak and expert networker today, he recommended that I steer clear of Gigafast on behalf of my gaming sons because Vodaphone security systems impose built-in lag that can ruin gaming experience. He also explained that Vodaphone block VPN-not good if, like me, you use a private encrypted VPN for smartphone WiFi on the hoof and to access British TV assets when I am abroad.

How much of this is true and what, if any, are the workarounds?
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote