View Single Post
Old 21-08-2020, 22:03   #3182
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I don't need to explain because I'm not making the case for it. But even if you're making the case for something, you don't necessarily need to go into exquisite detail at the pitch stage. You leave that for someone else to sort out at the delivery stage.

That being said, I'm sure there's nothing unique about Scotland that would prevent it from being a successful independent country.
So what's currently stopping Scotland from being financially successful and prudent?

They've had access to the markets of the EU, and others countries the EU has agreements with, and still have access to the rest of the UK. Any rule-based restrictions they face with the rest of the World are done to the EU. The bulk of Scottish exports go to the rest of the UK. A chunk of that can only be exported to the rest of the UK, due to geographical constraints. Eg Romania can't easily buy electricity produced in Scotland.

With Brexit they are issues that couldn't be gone into, ahead of the referendum, because they depended on what might or might not be agreed with the EU. As the UK was already independent, there were issues that didn't need discussing compared to Scottish Independence.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote