View Single Post
Old 19-05-2018, 00:35   #1
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all
External HDD connected to SH3?

I've been looking into getting a NAS server but TBH they're a bit pricey.

Is it possible to plug, say, a 3TB external drive into my SH3 and use that as a media 'server' to stream files using kodi via my FireTV, similar to a NAS?

Just looking for a cheaper option.

---------- Post added 19-05-2018 at 00:07 ---------- Previous post was 18-05-2018 at 23:18 ----------

Well from reading around this sub it looks like i could be buying an asus router as it has an active USB and putting the SH3 into modem mode.

I tried to find a USB to ethernet converter but they all seem to be ethernet to USB.

It's still a lot cheaper than a NAS, don't think my mrs would wear me spending about £300 on one, even if she had the boxset of Nashville on demand :-)

---------- Post added at 00:35 ---------- Previous post was at 00:07 ----------

And after checking an ASUS page it said the max file size is 8GB, even under NTFS? Surely this can't be right??

Last edited by johnathome; 18-05-2018 at 23:21.
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote